Criminal Defense Lawyer in Waukesha County, Wisconsin
Criminal Attorney Representing Clients in Milwaukee, Waukesha County and Throughout Southeast Wisconsin
For more than 25 years, the attorneys at Buting, Williams & Stilling, S.C., in Brookfield and Glendale, Wisconsin, have been defending those charged with a crime. We aggressively defend you against all criminal charges in federal and state trial and appellate courts.
To learn more about our criminal law work, contact us for a free initial consultation.
Our firm carefully reviews all relevant police reports, witness statements, photographs, video and audio tapes, crime lab reports or blood analysis reports and any other evidence the prosecutor intends to offer at trial. We may employ private investigators to speak to witnesses and gather evidence, or expert witnesses to analyze the evidence and assist in the preparation for cross-examination of the state’s experts.
Our approach has resulted in successful verdicts or resolutions for clients in cases related to:
- Sex offenses: We defend people against serious criminal charges like sexual assault.
- Internet crimes: Our firm defends individuals facing charges of solicitation of a minor and possession of child pornography as a result of police computer stings.
- Drug offenses: We defend people charged with both federal and state drug crimes. We will file a motion to suppress the evidence if it was collected in an illegal search.
- Homicide/violent crimes: We defend you against the most severe criminal charges, including homicide or other serious injury, or robbery and theft charges.
- Domestic violence: We will defend you against serious criminal charges related to domestic violence.
- White collar crimes: If you are a professional accused of a white collar crime, contact one of our experienced criminal defense attorneys to protect your reputation.
- Drunk driving: You should hire one of our experienced attorneys to defend you against a drunk driving charge.
- Juvenile offenses: We defend juveniles in juvenile court and adult court against serious criminal charges.
- False confessions: We are skilled at recognizing and challenging police tactics used to produce confessions.
Criminal Appeals and Post Conviction Relief
If you received a verdict or sentence that you believe is unfair, or you believe there was a flaw in the legal process and procedure during your trial, we will review your case and advise you regarding the likelihood of success of an appeal. We will evaluate your case to determine whether the court made errors in its rulings or whether newly discovered evidence such as DNA evidence entitles you to a new trial.
We also review your prior lawyer’s performance to determine whether you received the effective assistance of counsel guaranteed to each defendant by the Constitution.
Contact Buting, Williams & Stilling, S.C.
Experience has taught us that many innocent people are wrongly accused and sometimes even convicted. Police make mistakes, some witnesses do lie under oath, and jurors do not always reach the proper verdict. You need an experienced criminal defense lawyer to reduce the chance that you will become one of the many wrongly convicted people in this country. Contact Buting, Williams & Stilling, S.C. to schedule a free initial consultation.